One of the most interesting options that our iPhone or iPad allow us is that of being able to duplicate the screen on a television to view our photos or videos on a larger screen. This works wonderfully when you use AirPlay and Apple devices, however not all of us have an Apple TV connected to the television to do so.
But what many of the current Smart TVs do have is an integrated Chromecast, and what few know is that you can also duplicate the screen of your iPhone or iPad on TV using it. It is really simple and we are going to tell you step by step how you should do it to make it work properly.
Mirror iPhone Screen on TV on TV with Chromecast
As we have already mentioned, the iPhone uses the AirPlay protocol, so there is no native support to duplicate the screen on a device with Chromecast. However, “there is an app for that” and it works amazingly. Thanks to the native support to record the iPhone screen, this app manages to send that content to your television with Chromecast.
This app is called Replica and it is a real wonder, as well as being free. It allows us in a matter of seconds to duplicate the screen of our iOS device on a TV with Chromecast.
Install Mirror Chromecast TV Screen
Once you have downloaded it to your iPhone or iPad, just follow these steps to duplicate the content on television:
- Enter the app and follow the steps shown.
- You will get to a screen where the Chromecast device will appear, you must be connected to the same WiFi network.
- Press on the device and a new window will appear.
- In this window we must click on Start and a new pop-up window will appear.
- Now tap on Start Streaming.
- From now on everything that is seen on the screen of your iPhone or iPad will be reflected on television.
- To end the broadcast, we either enter the app and click on Stop transmission, or click on the upper red button and Stop.
If what you wanted is to duplicate the screen of your Mac on television with Chromecast, the solution is much easier. All you need to do is use Google’s Chrome browser, click on the menu option in the upper right corner, click Send and select the device.